“Necessity is the mother of invention”. Crisis brings out the best in people. We become more creative and innovative. While the country has been in lockdown, India’s best minds and organisations are innovating from test kits to ventilators to deal with the COVID Pandemic.
- Hospitals, Doctors, Health workers, Administration, police and citizens have all stepped up to take the challenges head on.
- Research organisations and medical devices designers and manufacturers are innovating.
- Many educational institutions from schools to universities have started to use technology for delivering education. From online live lectures, to online tests and assignments.
- Skill training institutes have started to use videos for delivering training
While this is gaining momentum, the key questions will be:
- How can we scale this?
- How to enable reach good quality education to remote locations? Rural government schools inclusive.
Will need involvement of Government, policy makers, NGO’s, Foundations and Educators to come together.
What will be the key attributes of a new blended education model that is likely to emerge and sustain? Needs thinking, planning, design and validation. We should be starting this process now.